There should never be an excuse for a cheese board but in this case, it was a rainy day. So a Rainy Day Cheese Board and a movie are just what the day called for!
Rainy Day Cheese Board
When rainy days hit, I actually get excited. It’s a wonderful excuse to do all those things you have been putting off. For me, on this day it was renting a movie I wanted to see. I can’t think of a time when I don’t have cheese, crackers, nuts and some fruit in the house so this cheese board came together with what I could find.
And in case you are wondering the movie was “Emma”. Not the GP version but the newest version of this classic. I don’t review movies but I would say the GP (Gwyneth Paltrow) version was better.
What’s Inside this Cheese Board
- Triple Cream Brie
- Aged Gouda
- Smoked Gouda
- Green Apples
- Dark Chocolate
- Cut the triple cream brie into bite-size pieces to make it easier to eat. It avoids having to include a spreader on your board.
- One of my favorite things is to combine the brie, walnuts, and a drizzle of honey. It’s so yummy.
- The honey also works with the brie and the green apple slices.
- This board pairs perfectly with the Dove Hunt Dog Cabernet Sauvignon
- Let’s talk about crackers. I love these everything crackers (the longer crackers). It works so well with a spreadable cheese like the brie. Or maybe some Boursin or goat cheese.